Thursday, February 12, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You.... So....

Since when was being single the new plague??!

So I had lunch with a friend the other day, and she brought up an interesting point. She said she felt like she had failed because she herself was still single in her late twenties.

I mean really, since when was single a bad thing??

I then began to wonder if others too had this thought. I suppose it doesn't help that with every film and television show these days, we have the underlined tone that we must get married, the sooner the better, or we will end up alone. They all state that people over the age of 30 are doomed to spend a lifetime alone. Sounds pretty grim...doesn't it?

Uh....okay, so instead of focusing on the negative, look at the bright side... you will have the freedom to do anything you want, you have that optimism, that around any corner you could meet someone truly great, and I could go on. It's a great time to spend your life with your friends too.

Instead of treating this as horrible circumstances, one should use this time as a great advantage to truly get to know yourself.

I have been single for years, and I love every minute of it. But, then again, I'm one of these people who will enjoy whatever state they find themselves... there is good things in ever situation life presents us. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment