Friday, February 13, 2009

Fashion In Films... Bride Wars & Push

I saw only two films this past week... yes, I know, shocking for me! lol ;) Well, we all know I have a huge love for all things film related, and it really is no exception when I look at the fashion for films as well.

The two films I saw this past week were Bride Wars and Push. Yes, one is of course a tad more fashion directed, but I will admit that the costumes for Push really were quite amazing.

Bride Wars...

Both Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway had some amazing outfits. Some of my favorites include the blue dress that Anne Hathaway is sporting... It's a very summery dress, that I wish I could have found a better picture of, because it really was cute. It would be great with a thick brown belt too! =)


This dress is gorgeous... I especially like the cute flats...


I actually really loved this suit (yeah, probably minus the blue hair though, lol). It's that perfect business attire, strong, confident, and yet sexy...


Anne Hathaway's coat gives off that perfect romantic Bohemian style that I absolutely love...


I'm up in the air over Miss Hudson's wedding dress, I like it, but I'm not loving it...


I really didn't care much for Anne Hathaway's wedding dress, I like the way the sleeves draped off her shoulders, but, that's about it...


This dress did look a little (keyword: little) better in the film. I do really like the scarf though. It gives a very Italian feel to the whole thing...


Yes, as you can see, the fashion in Bride Wars was more often then not on the better side of things. Themes of romance and bohemian influences were the styles of choice.

Fashions of Push...

Push is a different style altogether. There are themes of Asian influence, as well as almost superhero quirks to add to these characters.

My favorite costume of the whole film is definitely that which was worn by Dakota Fanning. I loved the short skirt, high black boots, simple tee-shirt, and the ultra cute 'Alice In Wonderland' style coat. It was brilliant...


Camilla Bell's glittery suit was fun too...


And last, but not least, is the amazing Djimon Hounsou...his suits were awesomely flashy =)...

I was trying to find a pic of his awesome shades in the opening scene, but have not yet scored one... I'll be on the lookout though. ;)

Well, until we meet again...

Cheers! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment