Monday, February 23, 2009

Dresses for your perfect Wedding

A friend of mine was mentioning her dream wedding to me the other day. And interestingly enough, she didn't mention the location, or her dream groom, no, in fact the only thing on her mind was what kind of a dress to choose. Now upon considering this comment, I came to realize that the perfect wedding dress really is quite important to this most significant day of your life. This dress will be seen in many photographs, by the most important people in your life, and you just may want to pass it along to your children as well for their own marriage.

Oddly enough this thought never came to me, but choosing the right dress really can be much harder then it sounds.

In my act to try and help my own friend find a truly beautiful dress that will show her off to the world as she truly does deserve to be seen as, I stumbled across a few of these lovely choices that I would love to share with you all.

Like any other piece of fashion in your own collections, this really needs to be the icing on the cake. It needs to show your true self, and make you truly feel like the absolutely amazing person you all truly are.

While looking through this year's wedding fashions I came across many themes of vintage romanticism that gives off an almost Grecian feel as well. And what better way to be dressed in a wedding as a goddess, right?

Here is a look at some of the fashions I found...


I love the sheer romantic feel this dress gives off. It's simple, feminine, and quite perfect for any wedding.


For a girly, lacy feel, you cannot find much better then this. I love the skirt on this one. It too is simply, and yet very romantic.


For the more Grecian feel, this one is perfect. I love the way the fabric lightly drapes down the back. This is extremely sensual, and yet very graceful.


For a more 'storybook' wedding, it will be hard to beat this one. I tend to more fall on the slimmer styles, but this one is absolutely breathtaking.


This dress just shouts vintage romanticism. It really is stunningly gorgeous.


I very much like the idea of this dress, but I cannot decide if I truly love the skirt. It is simplistic in a very beautiful way though.


This has a very 1950's feel that is quite great. It gives off that whole Grace Kelly feeling that we all know and love.


Vera Wang knows how to make a great wedding dress, and this is no exception. I love the whole Marie Antoinette feel this gives off.


This is another great Vera Wang addition. I love the almost 'fairy' feel this dress gives off. It's mysterious and intriguing to the fullest.


I love the subtlety of this beautiful gown.


Another Grecian feel with this one.


This is a very interesting idea for a wedding dress. I love the almost 1920's feel this one eludes. It's fun, flirty, and daring.


I love the light hint of green on this gown. Who says your wedding dress has to be all white?! I think a splash of colour is a grand idea! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment